In this article, we will discuss 5 BEST freelance websites for beginners which will help you in getting direct work. This way you can make good money working from home.
Freelancing websites are platforms where anyone can make good money using their skills rather than and working in a company.
In simple words, freelancing platforms are where organizations or businesses and independent professionals connect remotely for services. These platforms enable professionals to explore the entire world for jobs.
These freelance websites are very easy to use for a beginner and you can start making good money if you have a good skill.
These platforms give a secure and better way to look for the work which matches freelancer’s skills.
According to a study, 85% of the freelancers don’t want to join 9 to 5 jobs for the rest of life.
You may find freelance work easy but searching for the customers is a difficult task. And, these freelance websites help you in searching customer.
We know that it is very hard to survive from salary from your 9 to 5 jobs. And, these freelance website provides you plenty of opportunities to use your skills and earn extra money from home.
This industry has become a major contributor to the GDP of all countries. You can understand that freelancing is the nearly $1 trillion economy of the US.
Many people are working full-time on freelancing jobs. These jobs give them work flexibility and the opportunity for extra income.
Here is the list of 5 best freelance websites, if you want to make good money while working work from home:
Here are the 5 best freelance websites for beginners:
1. Upwork freelance website.
UpWork.com is one of the best, fastest-growing, and most-used freelance websites in the world where companies or individuals are posting their requirements and freelancers bid on those projects.
UpWork used to be known as oDesk before the merger with Elance. They list skill-based projects which are posted by businesses around the world.
They offer the following freelancing services:
- Web Development,
- Mobile App Development,
- Software Development,
- IT & Networking,
- Sales & Marketing,
- Data entry,
- HR analytics,
- Creative Graphic Design
- Logo Design,
- Translation and many more.
How much does it cost to use Upwork
You can join UpWork FREE and become a freelancer and you can upgrade to a plus plan for $10 per month.
Joining is free but they will charge you for the work you get. They will charge you some percentage of the total project cost.
How UpWork works
You need to create a perfect profile on UpWork. If the profile is complete and looks more professional then businesses show interest to hire you for their project.
In simple words, your success on UpWork fullly depends on your profile so give sufficient time for creating a good profile.
The followings are the steps to get started with UpWork:
- Create your profile.
- Start bidding on Projects based on skills.
- Potential clients see your bid and profile and revert back to you.
- If the client hires you then you start working with him.
- If the client doesn’t hire you the keeping bidding on other projects.
2. Fiverr freelance website.
Fiverr is an online freelancing marketplace for various services. It was founded in 2010 in Tel Aviv, Israel. This is a widely used freelance website.
Fiverr provides freelancers a platform to offer various skill-based services to potential customers worldwide. It has over and above 200 categories in their list where you can use skills to earn money from home.
As a freelancer you will get an opportunity to work freely from your home and use your potential.
To become a freelancer and work here doesn’t require any degree or certificate but expertise in certain skills.
What I can sell on Fiverr
Fiverr is a good freelancing platform when you want to sit your home and work from there to earn money.
You can do many jobs related to your interest area while working from home like Graphics & Design, Digital Marketing, Writing & Translation, Animation, Editing, Video Making, Music & Audio, Programing and IT, Marketing, Data Entry, Admin Support, etc.
How Fiverr Works
To work as a freelancer you need to be creative. You can offer all type of service which are available in Fiverr category as per Fiverr’s legal terms and conditions.
How much money I can make on Fiverr
There is no limit to earning money on Fiverr as a freelancer. You can earn money as much as you put your efforts and time.
Many freelancers are working full time on Fiverr as well as many works on a part-time basis. It means you can work along with your 9 to 5 job.
How much does Fiverr cost
As I said above you can join Fiverr free of cost. There is no joining fee but there are charges available when you starting earning.
You incurred cost when you do transactions here. Fiverr charges max 20% of each transaction which means you keep 80% of each transaction.
How do you get paid on Fiverr
Fiverr pays you instantly after completion of the customer’s project. You need not wait for 30 days or 60 days for the payment or chase to your client.
3. PeoplePerHour freelance website.
PeoplePerHour started its operation in 2007 and till then this freelance website is growing like anything.
Till now, it has connected 1 million businesses and expert freelancers who are available to work on per minute or hourly basis.
So far, PeoplePerHour has paid euro 135 million to freelancers.
PeoplePerHour works on the following three principles:
- Freedom: PeoplePerHours believe that the future of work is centered on freedom of work i.e. how and where you work and manage your time as per your flexibility.
- Openness: PeoplePerHour believes in openness in terms of sharing of ideas. People can share their ideas and work without any hesitation.
- Change: PeoplePerHour believes in changing the way we used to work. They constantly working on advanced technology to serve business and freelancers better.
What you can sell on PeoplePerHour
PeoplePerHours offers various high-quality services. If you have expertise in a particular skill then you can easily make good money while working from home.
PeoplePerHour has following categories and under these categories, there are subcategories:
- Technology & Programming
- Writing & Translation
- Digital Marketing
- Video, Photo & Image-making & editing
- Business – Sale, Marketing, Development, Analytics, etc
- Music & Audit – Making & Editing
- Marketing & Branding
- Social Media Management.
How PeoplePerHour Works
Like any other freelancing platform, to join PeoplePerHour you have to apply through an online application. Your online application will be reviewed by a moderator and approve. After approval, you will be provided access to the all projects posted by clients.
Below is the process of how PeoplePerHour works.
- Apply via their Sign-up option and register yourself as a freelancer.
- Create and Build an appealing profile.
- Search for a project which matches your skills.
- Quote you best price through the bidding process.
- If your proposal accepted by client then start working.
- After completion get your payment as per terms of PeoplePerHour.
- Now build long term relationships with clients for future projects.
How much money you can make on PeoplePerHour
There is no limit to earning money as a freelancer but it purely depends upon your quality of work, speed and nature of work.
You can earn $10 to $150 per hour based on the nature of the project.
You can earn a handsome amount from this platform.
How much does PeoplePerHour cost
PeoplePerHour doesn’t charge you for joining but they charge you based on the transaction. The transaction fee or commission on PeoplePerHour can be up to 24%.
How do you get paid on PeoplePerHour
PeoplePerHour process payment of freelancers through simple three steps.
- After completion of the project, the invoice will be sent to clients.
- Once the client pay amount, your payment will be processed by PeoplePerHour within few minutes but in some cases it may take up to 3 days.
- Once you receive payment, you can spend on service or withdraw in your bank account.
4. Freelancer.com freelance website.
Freelancer.com is an Australian based freelancing company. It was founded in 2009 in Sydney, Australia. It is spread across the world and has offices at Landon, Buenos Aires, Manila & Jakarta, etc.
Freelancer.com is a platform which allows clients to post their requirement and then freelancers can bid on those projects. It has created a borderless workplace platform and a freelancers community where anyone can achieve their financial goals.
Freelancer.com is one of the largest freelancing marketplace platforms by the number of clients and certified freelancers.
It has around 44 million registered clients and freelancers which is a huge number and spread across 247 countries, regions, and territories in the world.
What you can sell on Freelancer.com
At Freelancer.com you can find any job you wish to. They have a wide range of job categories starting from writing to software development. You can start working immediately as per your skill sets.
Freelancer.com offers around 1350 type of job categories and subcategories. Here are few:
- Website Design
- Graphic Design
- Mobile Apps
- Logo Design
- Article Writing
- Data Entry
- Internet Marketing
- 3D Modelling
- Amazon Web Services
- Software Development
How Freelancer.com Works
You can sign-up free on Freelancer. There is no cost involved for sign-up. What you need to do is to sign-up, create a great profile, choose your skills, create your work portfolios, start bidding on projects. As a free member you will receive 8 bids free of cost. If you want to make more bids then you have to upgrade your profile.
Find below process to get started with Freelancer.com
- Sign-up & Profile set-up
- Complete your profile.
- Select your skills sets and expertise which you will offer.
- Upload good quality professional photo as a profile picture.
- Use the checklist to finish the pending profile
- Browse categories as per your skill sets, check the price, and other project-related terms.
- Go through complete project details and quote the best bid. While bidding, you need to write the best short note to the client why you are suitable for this project.
- If the potential client agrees to work with you then you will get a job and earn money. You need to give the best quality work on time to ensure repeat orders and good ratings.
How much money you can make on Freelancer.com
It purely depends upon your level of skills, quality of work, and the time you give on freelancer.com.
Many freelancers are earning 5-6 figure income from this platform by working 8-10 hours a day.
If you want to grow on this freelance website and earn handsome money, you need to have in-demand skills, quality of work, timely completion job, great communication skills, and transparency with the client.
How much does Freelancer.com cost
You can sign-up and create a profile free of cost on freelance.com. They will charge you based on project transactions.
Freelancer.com will charge you a fee based on the type of service. Below is the type of service:
- Project: You will be charged a fixed amount or % of the total project fee. These types of mainly in small nature hence freelance.com charges 10% of the transaction or $5 whichever is higher.
- Contest: When you enter any contest and you win that contests then you will be charged 10% of the transaction or $5 whichever is higher.
- Services: If you are hired for the services then you will be charged 20% of the total project cost.
How do you get paid on Freelancer.com
All payments made through freelance.com are secured and transparent. They follow all global practices to security and fraud prevention.
Freelance.com may limit your minimum withdrawal limit but you can withdraw up to $10000 per month.
The amount you will withdraw will be after deducting all fees applicable as per terms and conditions.
5. DesignCrowd freelance website.
DesognCrowd is a freelance platform for graphics, logos, and web designers. It helps businesses to find the best designers within their budget on this platform and get work done. It helps businesses to get work done in a faster way while maintaining the quality,
DesignCrowd has more than 819K freelancer designers on board who are serving their customers. These freelancers have uploaded 23 million designs till now on this platform.
DesignCrowd is the best freelance website for designers who want to earn money for their creative skills.
What you can sell on DesignCrowd
DesignCrowd is a freelance website for designers. The person who has skills in this field can sign-up for this platform. You can be paid a good amount for what you love to do.
If you have any skill related to the below categories then you can make good money from this freelancing site.
- Logo & Identity
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- App Design
- Digital Marketing – Ad Banner Design
- Outdoor & Signage
- Resume Design
- Print Design
- Product & Merchandize
- Art & Illustration
How DesignCrowd Works
DesignCrowd works like other freelance websites.
You can join free here. The sign-up process is very quick and easy.
The process of joining this platform is as under:
- Sing-up – It is free. You need to create a good and appealing profile of yourself.
- Browse jobs posted by your potential client.
- Find the best job posted by clients that match with your skill.
- Create design and submit as per the website guidelines.
- If you will the design contest then you will be paid.
How much money you can make on DesignCrowd
There is no limit to earning on this freelance website. The earning of money purely depends upon your expertise on skills, speed of work, the time you spend, and the quality of work you deliver.
Many designers are working full time on DesignCrowd.
The earning will depends upon the value of the project. The DesignCrowd retain 15% of awarded money with them and release 85% to designers.
For example, if you have done work of $10,000 in a month then you will be paid $8500 by DesignCrowd.
How much does DesignCrowd cost
As said earlier, signing up is completely free for designers on DesignCrowd
DesignCrowd retains 15% as a commission of all transaction amounts that designers receive through DesignCrowd.
They take a commission to provide you with customer support, secure transaction and payments, fraud protection, and more.
How do you get paid on DesignCrowd
You will get an e-mail from DesignCrowd once you are awarded payment. All the details will be available in an e-mail regarding the amount and further process which needs to be done.
To get all the payment without any delay, you need to ensure that all payment address and is correct and your account is verified successfully by DesignCrowd.
I hope after the reading above best freelancing websites, you have decided on which one is best suitable for you.
If you know any other best freelancing website better than these 5 freelancing websites then let me know in the comment box below.