The Google Bolo app comes to a bunch of 50 stories in Hindi and 40 stories in English, for the children to read.
- Google Bolo app is first launched for children of India.
- The app can be used without the internet.
- BOLO app is only available for Android users.
- This app is designed to help improve the reading skills of kids.
- Animated characters in the app will give “Diya” children to read stories.
Google launched a new app ‘Bolo’ on Wednesday. This app will help primary school children learn Hindi and English along with the accusations of pronouncing children.
Speech recognition and Text to speech technology have been used in the spoken app. Google has launched this app first in India. This app is available on Google Play Store and can be downloaded now.
Google Product Manager Nitin Kashyap said, “The lack of ability to read in children affects their further education and the child does not fully understand his abilities”. Children sometimes have to face difficulties due to lack of quality education and lack of resources.
Quoting the Annual Status of Education Report, 2018, Nitin said that only half of the students of the 5th class in rural areas of India can read a second class level book well.
To ensure the safety of children in the Speech app No information is stored on any server. This app will store all data on the user’s device rather than on the server. There is no need to give information like email id or gender to the user to use the app.
How Google Bolo App will help children
- Read all by themselves: Bolo listens to what your child reads, encourages them when they read well and helps them when they get stuck – just like a real reading tutor.
- A large variety of stories: All the reading material on the app is completely free and the initial catalog consists of 50 stories in Hindi & 40 in English [with more to come]; all very carefully selected.
- Understand English better: Diya can not only read out the text to you but also explain the meaning of English text in Hindi.
- Enjoy as they learn: Children can also play interesting word games and earn in-app awards, helping reading become both fun and a daily habit.
- Personalized for each child: Multiple children can use the same app and track their progress separately. Over time the difficulty level of recommended stories adjusts to their reading skills.
- Read without distractions (and without data too): The app works even when completely offline and shows no ads, so your children can just focus on reading.
‘Diya’ will help improve pronunciation
- The Google Bolo app works offline. This means that there will be no need to turn on the Internet to run the app. The user has to download an app which is less than 50MB only once.
- The app has more than 100 stories in Hindi and English. Children can improve their reading skills by reading.
- The animated character of the app ‘Diya’ will encourage children to read stories aloud. Along with this, if the child is not able to pronounce any word correctly, then it will help the child in that too. After reading the entire content, the animated character will appreciate and encourage the child.
- Google had a trial of the Bolo app in 200 villages of Uttar Pradesh state of India. In the first three months of the trial, 64% of children have seen increased reading capacity.
- Google is now working with several non-profit organizations to deliver this app to the needy people in the country. The company is planning to add other Indian languages like Bengali, Marathi in the app too.
Google Bolo app is available for all Android smartphones running on Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) and higher in India on Google Play Store.
Let us inspire your children to fall in love with reading and become better readers!