You must have heard many stories about regular people earning money through YouTube and thought “Can do you earn?”. You can start earning money on YouTube if you have a strong subscriber base.
Before I start showing you how to earn money from YouTube Channels, here’s are some interesting facts about YouTube, the world’s most popular video sharing online website.
DID YOU KNOW SOME YOUTUBE FACTS?
- It was launched back in 2005.
- Youtube is the world’s 2nd biggest search engine with more than 1.8 billion people registered on the site.
- Every 60 seconds more than 300 hours of HD quality video are being uploaded on YouTube.
- Worldwide total 30 million number of YouTube daily viewers.
- More than 1 billion hours of videos being watched daily.
- Total 1.8 billion number of YouTube users logged on.
Popular YouTubers like BB Ki Vines (6.51 Million Subscriber), Amit Bhadana (4.85 Million Subscriber), Sandeep Maheshwari (4.56 Million Subscriber), Nisha Madhulika (3.70 Million Subscriber), Sanam (3.61 Million Subscriber) are making millions of rupees every month. Even many small YouTuber Channels are making lots of money.
If you want to know how to create, promote and earning money on the youtube channel, then keep reading this article…
So here are the few simple steps you need to follow how to make money on YouTube :
1. Set up a YouTube channel.
2. Find a Niche for YouTube
3. Create Video
4. Upload Video
5. Promote your YouTube videos
6. Apply for YouTube Partnership Program
1. Set up a YouTube channel :
A YouTube account is the same as your Google account, and creating a YouTube account will allow you access to other Google products.
- Open www.youtube.com and login using your Gmail user id and password.
- Now click on the bar beside the Youtube logo located on the left corner.
- Click on My Channels option from the drop-down menu.
- A box will appear with a title ‘Set-up your channel on YouTube’, with your name highlighted.
- Now update channel with your other personal information.
- You need to add keywords to help people find your channel. That can add keywords as per your niche by navigating to the Advanced section of your Channel Settings. Make sure that your keywords are related to your content.
2. Find a Niche for YouTube :
Selecting your YouTube channel niche or category for earning money is much related to your hobby or passion or interest for work.
Make a list of all the things or activities you are passionate or interested in and are good at.
What do you like to do?
What are you passionate or crazy about?
If money were not a problem, what area of interest area would you pursue?
Answer those questions honestly and you will find what your YouTube channel should be about topic.
These are the most popular niches for YouTube:
Auto & Vehicles, Comedy, Education, Entertainment, Film, Gaming, How To & Style and Music.
3. Create Videos
You must have seen YouTube videos that have gone viral and receive millions of views. Have you ever want to create your own YouTube video?
What do you need to create a good YouTube video? Many viral & popular YouTube videos are homemade clips which shot on mobile phones. The most important thing is that the subject that matter you capture is interesting or funny. If you have great videos and/or photos on an interesting subject matter, then you can easily put it on YouTube!
Those who are the first-time youtuber, this is the simple and cheapest way to create a video by using a smartphone or webcam.
Over a period of time, you will need to invest in a good video recorder and when your channel starts making money you can take help of a Professional Videographer & Vidoe Editor.
3. Upload videos:
It is very easy to upload a video on youtube :
- Sign into your youtube account with Gmail Account.
- Click the upload button: It can be seen at the top right-hand corner and indicated by an up arrow.
- Select video source and choose privacy settings: Set privacy settings as per your requirement whether you want anyone and everyone to see it or not. By choosing the “public” setting in the central drop-down, your video can be seen by anyone.
- Managing the upload: After clicking on the upload button, you will see a progress bar at the top of the page, it will indicate that how much video has been uploaded, and how long time it will take to complete.
- Pick a thumbnail: Once your video is 100% uploaded and processed successfully, you have to choose thumbnails from the video.
- Video management: If you want to make any changes in your videos in the future then you have to go to the “Creator Studio” area of your account.
4. Apply for YouTube Partnership Program :
The YouTube Partner Program allows eligible YouTubers to monetize their creative videos by displaying advertisements. YouTube’s Partner Program has made possible to turn a hobby into a lucrative career for many video content creators.
Anyone who builds a large number of an audience can earn revenue from the advertisements displayed on their videos. The more views your videos get, the more you start earning.
YouTube doesn’t make it possible for anyone with a channel to start earning money from ads on their videos. Read: Partner Program eligibility requirements
Once a channel achieved 4,000 watch hours in the last 12 months and has at least 1,000 subscribers it is reviewed to join the program.
5. Promote your YouTube videos
You may put your hard work in creating video and uploading on your youtube channel but if you don’t promote it then your hard work will be useless.
If you want to reach to your right audience then you have to do the marketing of your channel. The marketing & promoting of channel and video is the most important aspect of earning money through YouTube channel.
The marketing and promotion of video is also hard work and you have to make a proper plan for promotion. It is not as simple as you think.
The most important area of reaching to people to make your video fully optimized as per SEO parameters.
The right keywords, placing a keyword in meta descriptions, and title must per perfect so that people can find to your video on the first page of the search engine.
Once you are done with SEO optimization, now you are ready to share your videos on other social platforms so that views can be increased.
6. Start Earning Money from YouTube?
According to sources, A professional Youtuber can earn money between USD 2-12 per 1000 views through CPC and CPI advertisements.
You can use the monetization option to make money from uploaded videos. This is the simple and easiest way to earn money. For this, you need to link your youtube channel with your Google AdSense Account.
By monetization, you can earn more than 50% of the advertisement revenue your videos make. Naturally, YouTube keeps the other 45% of the revenue generated.
The following are the 5 proven methods by which you can earn money from YouTube:
1) Affiliate Marketing.
2) Direct Promotion
3) Paid Videos
4) Licensing Content
You must remember that this is the simple and easiest way to earn money but not the fastest way. The money will not be generated from the first day. It needs time and patience both. But given time, good content and effective marketing & promotion, it will happen to you.
BEST OF LUCK